Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rain and Art Gallery Opening...

Yesterday it rained all day. It was nice because I didn't have class until 2, so I just layed in my bed, with the windows open and listened to the rain all morning.

I had Czech language class at 2. For class, we went out to a little restaurant with a great view. We had to practice ordering food, and such...I got a hot chocolate.

In the evening, we went to a photo gallery opening. It was amazing for numberous reasons. The gallery had multipal photographers showing there art of the same topic. In Spain, there is a pilgrimage called "The Ways of Saint James." So all of these photographers went on the pilgrimage separtely and shot picutures along the way. It was so awesome to see different interruptations of the same thing. Another reason why I liked it was because there were a lot of people from Spain, so I could understand people again!! And the final reason why I enjoyed myself was because of all the free food and wine! They had all these kinds of Spainish sea foods. Some of it didn't look too good, but it was for free!!

Even though I got soaked in the rain, I had a really nice day yesterday (don't worry mom, I took a shower as soon as I got back to the dorms so I'm not going to get sick).

Ps- I really want to do this Pilgrimage now...Is anyone intrested? Next summer?? If so, check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way_of_St._James

...Let me know!!


Naema Kalifa

No comments: