Thursday, June 26, 2008

Yokki!!!


Yesterday I met Yokki. She is the topic for my photo story. Yokki is a freelance photographer here in Prague. She moved to prague from Japan a little over a year ago to come to school here. Her boyfriend is also a photography, with a little more fame. Her boyfriend, Daniel, just released his third photo book. But I love Yokki. She let me assist her in her darkroom. That was fun because since I have only known how to shoot digital, I had never been in a dark room before. She was so sweet. I also went to work with her yesterday to take some photos there as well. She works as a secretary, but her passion is photography. She really inspired me to take pictures for myself. I feel blessed to have met a friend here in Prague. She has this thing with her friend back in Japan where they send each other this notebook back and forth. Every time they add photos with poems and stories before they send it off. I plan on starting the same idea with her when I get back to the states.

No comments: