Sunday, June 22, 2008

Vysehrad, Vltava, and more!


Almost everyone went traveling to other countries this weekend, but I decided to stay in Prague and save my money...Here is my weekend laid out...

Friday 20 June 2008:
On Friday, I rested in the morning, then I took the tram to Vyšehrad and walked around. The weather was ideal for shooting pictures. Vyšehrad is a hill that has the cathedral of St. Peter and Paul, a cemetery where Czech heroes are buried, a garden...It was beautiful!! It had a beautiful view too!! After that, I walked down by Vltava River and walked all the way back to the Staromestska metro stop.
In the evening, Kate and I researched this place called the Secret Lounge, so we got a bunch of people together, and walked to the secret lounge, only to find out that is actually on of the most popular clubs in Prague. So we went to Château, another club, instead. It was ok, but I do have to say that I think I'm done with the whole Club Europe scene...

Saturday 21 June 2008:
Again, Kate and I went to the Flea Market. It was a good day at the flea market. Then we came back to the room and rested. At the later afternoon, Kate, Emilio, and I rented a boat on Vltava river. We rowed all the way around Children's Island. After that, we went to eat at The Pub, walked around, then came back to the dorm.


Sunday 22 June 2008:
Kate, Emilio, and I went to English mass at St. Thomas. I really enjoyed it. Afterwards, we walked up to the Prague Castle, were we had a little picnic in the garden, a yoga session, and just chilled. After a while, we went to get some ice cream. Today was the hottest day in Prague since we've been here. It was in the 90's . When we came back to the room, I showered and took a 5 hour nap.

No comments: