Tuesday, June 3, 2008

resting and shooting...

So this weekend, I pretty much just rested and caught up on sleep and reading. It was really nice and I needed it.

Yesterday (monday), I woke up early, and just walked about the thrift shops. I also went to Tesco, which is like the Czech Walmart. I needed a lot of cleaning supples. Our bathrooms were pretty nasty. Then I had art class from 2-5. After class, I went though Charles Bridge to take some pictures of street musicians. That is my first topic for my first photo assignment. After a couple hours of shooting, I met up with some of the girls in my program for dinner. Dinner was AWESOME! We went to this place called The Pub. At The Pub, every table has it's own tap to fill up your own beer. Also, at the front of the restaurant, there was a big screen that showed how much each table drank...so it was like a competition...We did not win, haha.

Today, I had photography at 10am-1pm. After class, we all went to a really old cemetery where Kafka is buried. We shot pictures there too. I just got back to my dorm. I am about to take a shower and get ready for our social. Tonight we are going to a bar to meet our "Czech Buddies". That will be fun.

Naema Kalifa

No comments: